Terms of Service
This Terms of Service Agreement (this “Agreement”), is between Ideal Web Solutions, a business formed under the laws of the State of California with its principal office in Moreno Valley and the person (individual or legal person) whose signs Ideal Web Solutions service order and set up form (the “Order”) incorporating this Agreement by reference (“Customer”). This Agreement governs Customer’s use of Ideal Web Solutions Web hosting service.
1. Services. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, and contingent on Customer’s satisfaction of Ideal Web Solutions credit approval requirements, Ideal Web Solutions agrees to provide the web hosting services described in the Order for the fees stated in the Order.
The initial service term of the Agreement shall begin on the date that Ideal Web Solutions generates an e-mail message to Customer announcing the activation of the Customer’s account (the “Service Commencement Date”) and shall continue for the first partial month of service plus the number of full calendar months stated in the Order (the “Initial Term”). Upon expiration of the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically renew for up to twelve successive renewal terms of having the same number of full calendar months as the Initial Term (each a “Renewal Term”) unless Ideal Web Solutions or Customer provides the other with written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable. The Initial Term and any Renewal Term may be referred to collectively in this Agreement as the “Term.”
Unless a promised service has not been provided, all payments to Ideal Web Solutions are strictly non-refundable. Fees are payable in advance on the first day of each billing cycle. Customer’s billing cycle shall be between a sole calendar month or twenty four calendar months, as indicated on the Order. The first service fee shall include a prorated portion of the monthly fee for the first partial month of service plus the fee for the first full billing cycle. Ideal Web Solutions may require payment in full of the first fee before beginning service. If the Order provides for credit/debit card billing, Customer authorizes Ideal Web Solutions to bill subsequent fees to the credit/debit card on or after the first day of each billing cycle during the Term of this Agreement; otherwise Ideal Web Solutions will invoice Customer via electronic mail to the Primary Customer Contact listed on the Order. Invoiced fees may be issued on or before the 1st day of each billing cycle, and the fees shall be due on the 7th day following invoice date, but in no event earlier than the first day of each billing cycle.
Payments must be made in United States dollars. Customer is responsible for providing Ideal Web Solutions with changes to billing information (such as credit card expiration, change in billing address). At its option, Ideal Web Solutions may accrue charges to be made to a credit/debit card until such charges exceed $10.00. Ideal Web Solutions may charge interest on overdue amounts at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the maximum non-usurious rate under applicable law. Ideal Web Solutions may suspend the service without notice if payment for the service is overdue. Fees not disputed within sixty (60) days of due date are conclusively deemed accurate. Customer agrees to pay Ideal Web Solutions reasonable reinstatement fee following a suspension of service for non-payment, and to pay Ideal Web Solutions reasonable costs of collection of overdue amounts, including collection agency fees, attorney fees and court costs.
(b) Fee Increases. Ideal Web Solutions may increase its fees for services effective the first day of a Renewal Term by giving notice to Customer of the new fees at least forty five (45) days prior to the beginning of the Renewal Term, and if Customer does not give a notice of non-renewal as provided in Section 2 above, the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the new fee for that Renewal Term and any subsequent Renewal Terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent Renewal Term).
(c) Taxes. At Ideal Web Solutions request Customer shall remit to Ideal Web Solutions all sales, VAT, GST or similar tax imposed on the provision of the services (but not in the nature of an income tax on Ideal Web Solutions), regardless of whether Ideal Web Solutions fails to collect the tax at the time the related services are provided.
(d) Early Termination. Customer acknowledges that the amount of the fee for the service is based on Customer’s agreement to pay the fee for the entire Initial Term, or Renewal Term, as applicable. In the event Ideal Web Solutions terminates the Agreement for Customer’s breach of the Agreement in accordance with Section 9 (Termination), or Customer terminates the service other than in accordance with Section 9 (Termination) for Ideal Web Solutions breach, the unpaid fees for each billing cycle remaining in the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable, are due on the business day following termination of the Agreement.
(e) Refund Policy.
Because our Web site has implemented the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) system,
which allows software to be downloaded immediately after paying,
our refund policy on software is as follows:
In the event you purcahse a software product from us and are unable to get it working on your hosting account, you must give us the option to install and test it for you. If we cannot get our product working on your hosting provider we will give you the following options:
- First we will try and match your current hosting providers fees for the same service. We may also at our discretion provide free hosting for a limited time on one of our servers.
- If we cannot match your current hosts fees and cannot get our software installed and working properly we will give you a full refund of the purchase price.
There will be NO REFUNDS for any additional add-on services including but not limited to domains, vin decoding, dms polling and photo services.
4. Law/AUP. Customer agrees to use the service in compliance with applicable law and Ideal Web Solutions Acceptable Use Policy posted at aup.php (the “AUP”), which is hereby incorporated by reference in this Agreement. Customer agrees that Ideal Web Solutions may, in its reasonable commercial judgment consistent with industry standards, amend the AUP from time to time to further detail or describe reasonable restrictions and conditions on Customer’s use of the Services. Amendments to the AUP are effective on the earlier of Ideal Web Solutions notice to Customer that an amendment has been made, or the first day of any Renewal Term that begins subsequent to the amendment. Customer agrees to cooperate with Ideal Web Solutions reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP. In the event of a dispute between Ideal Web Solutions and Customer regarding the interpretation of the AUP, Ideal Web Solutions commercially reasonable interpretation of the AUP shall govern.
5. Customer Information. Customer represents and warrants to Ideal Web Solutions that the information he, she or it has provided and will provide to Ideal Web Solutions for purposes of establishing and maintaining the service is accurate. If Customer is an individual, Customer represents and warrants to Ideal Web Solutions that he or she is at least 18 years of age. Ideal Web Solutions may rely on the instructions of the person listed as the Primary Customer Contact on the Order with regard to Customer’s account until Customer has provided a written notice changing the Primary Customer Contract.
6 Indemnification. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Ideal Web Solutions, Ideal Web Solutions affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, obligations, losses, damages, penalties, fines, punitive damages, amounts in interest, expenses and disbursements of any kind and nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys fees) brought by a third party under any theory of legal liability arising out of or related to the actual or alleged use of Customer’s services in violation of applicable law or the AUP by Customer or any person using Customer’s log on information, regardless of whether such person has been authorized to use the services by Customer.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Ideal Web Solutions DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR COMPLETELY SECURE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW Ideal Web Solutions DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS.
8. Limitation of Damages.
NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE
LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY LOST PROFITS,
OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL
OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND,
OR FOR DAMAGES THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED
BY THE USE OF REASONABLE DILIGENCE, ARISING
IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT, EVEN IF
THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD BE
AWARE OF THE POSSIBILIY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Ideal Web Solutions AND ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW (INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, AND INFRINGEMENT) SHALL BE A PAYMENT OF MONEY NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER FOR THREE MONTHS OF SERVICE.
(a) Suspension of Service. Customer agrees that Ideal Web Solutions may suspend services to Customer without notice and without liability if: (i) Ideal Web Solutions reasonably believes that the services are being used in violation of the AUP; (ii) Customer fails to cooperate with any reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP; (iii) Ideal Web Solutions reasonably believes that the suspension of service is necessary to protect its network or its other customers, or (iv) as requested by a law enforcement or regulatory agency. Customer shall pay Ideal Web Solutions reasonable reinstatement fee if service is reinstituted following a suspension of service under this subsection.
(b) Termination. The Agreement may be terminated by Customer prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term without further notice and without liability if Ideal Web Solutions fails in a material way to provide the service in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and does not cure the failure within ten (10) days of Customer’s written notice describing the failure in reasonable detail. The Agreement may be terminated by Ideal Web Solutions prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term without further notice and without liability as follows: (i) upon ten (10) days notice if Customer is overdue on the payment of any amount due under the Agreement; (ii) Customer materially violates any other provision of the Agreement, including the AUP, and fails to cure the violation within thirty (30) days of a written notice from Ideal Web Solutions describing the violation in reasonable detail; (iii) upon one (1) days notice if Customer’s Service is used in violation of a material term of the AUP more than once, or (iv) upon one (1) days notice if Customer violates Section 5 (Customer Information) of this Agreement. Either party may terminate this agreement upon ten (10) days advance notice if the other party admits insolvency, makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors, files for bankruptcy or similar protection, is unable to pay debts as they become due, has a trustee or receiver appointed over all or a substantial portion of its assets, or enters into an agreement for the extension or readjustment of all or substantially all of its obligations.
10. Requests for Customer Information. Customer agrees that Ideal Web Solutions may, without notice to Customer, (i) report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by Customer or any of Customer’s customers or end users that Ideal Web Solutions believes violates applicable law, and (ii) provide any information that it has about Customer or any of its customers or end users in response to a formal or informal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
11. Back Up Copy. Customer agrees to maintain a current copy of all content hosted by Ideal Web Solutions notwithstanding any agreement by Ideal Web Solutions to provide back up services.
12. Changes to Ideal Web Solutions Network. Upgrades and other changes in Ideal Web Solutions network, including, but not limited to changes in its software, hardware, and service providers, may affect the display or operation of Customer’s hosted content and/or applications. Ideal Web Solutions reserves the right to change its network in its commercially reasonable discretion, and Ideal Web Solutions shall not be liable for any resulting harm to Customer.
13. Notices. Notices to Ideal Web Solutions under the Agreement shall be given via electronic mail to the e-mail address posted for customer support on our contact us page. Notices to Customer shall be given via electronic mail to the individual listed as the Primary Customer Contact on the Order. Notices are deemed received on the day transmitted, or if that day is not a business day, on the first business day following the day delivered. Customer may change his, her or its notice address by a notice given in accordance with this Section.
14. Force Nature. Ideal Web Solutions shall not be in default of any obligation under the Agreement if the failure to perform the obligation is due to any event beyond Ideal Web Solutions control, including, without limitation, significant failure of a portion of the power grid, significant failure of the Internet, natural disaster, war, riot, insurrection, epidemic, strikes or other organized labor action, terrorist activity, or other events of a magnitude or type for which precautions are not generally taken in the industry.
15. Governing Law/Disputes. The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, exclusive of its choice of law principles, and the laws of United States, as applicable. The Agreement shall not be governed by the United States on the International Sale of Goods. EXCLUSIVE VENUE FOR ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE AGREEMENT SHALL BE THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS IN RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, AND EACH PARTY AGREES NOT TO DISPUTE SUCH PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND WAIVES ALL OBJECTIONS THERETO.
16. Miscellaneous. Each party acknowledges and agrees that the other party retains exclusive ownership and rights in its trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, inventions, copyrights, and other intellectual property. Neither party may use the other party’s name or trade mark without the other party’s prior written consent. The parties intend for their relationship to be that of independent contractors and not a partnership, joint venture, or employer/employee. Neither party will represent itself to be agent of the other. Each party acknowledges that it has no power or authority to bind the other on any agreement and that it will not represent to any person that it has such power or authority. This Agreement may be amended only by a formal written agreement signed by both parties. The terms on Customer’s purchase order or other business forms are not binding on Ideal Web Solutions unless they are expressly incorporated into a formal written agreement signed by both parties. A party’s failure or delay in enforcing any provision of the Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of that party’s rights with respect to that provision or any other provision of the Agreement. A party’s waiver of any of its right under the Agreement is not a waiver of any of its other rights with respect to a prior, contemporaneous or future occurrence, whether similar in nature or not. The captions in the Agreement are not part of the Agreement, but are for the convenience of the parties. The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of the Agreement: Fees, indemnity obligations, provisions limiting liability and disclaiming warranties, provisions regarding ownership of intellectual property, these miscellaneous provisions, and other provisions that by their nature are intended to survive termination of the Agreement. There are no third party beneficiaries to the Agreement. Neither insurers nor the customers of resellers are third party beneficiaries to the Agreement. Customer may not transfer the Agreement without Ideal Web Solutions prior written consent. Ideal Web Solutions approval for assignment is contingent on the assignee meeting Ideal Web Solutions credit approval criteria. Ideal Web Solutions may assign the Agreement in whole or in part.
This Agreement together
with the Order and AUP constitutes the complete
and exclusive agreement between the parties
regarding its subject matter and supersedes
and replace any prior understanding or communication,
written or oral.
Last modified: February 05, 2010 01:32 GMT-0800.
This terms of service was last modified on 07/11/2011